Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Jordan Mania!




They say that the US economy is in the toilet, but nobody told the long lines of people waiting to get their hands on the new Jordans that were released today. Fans of the shoe waited more than nine days in line just to be the first to say that they now have this shoe in their arsenal. NINE DAYS for a pair of shoes!!! I don't get it. The shoe is DOPE, I think that it's the best in the series, but I don't think that I can bring myself to brave the sidewalks for nine days. I know that most sneaker heads would probably see things differently and I understand where they're coming from, I would wait in a line for Dave Matthews tickets, but I ain't waiting no nine days, DMB in good but they are not worth me being that uncomfortable. I guess that's what makes someone a real fan, the ability to be inconvenienced for something that they love.

Please don't be mad at me for what I'm saying, I love sneakers, but I have a beef with His Airness. Let's face the facts, Michael Jordan has been screwing us for 23 years. First he makes himself the greatest player to ever play the game, then he makes a shoe that he knows everyone is gonna want, and then he charges hundreds for it. And what makes that even more messed up, he only makes like three pair, leaving us waiting in these longs ass lines. And then once you get your hands on a pair you find out that they are fake, because it turns out that they are more fakes then real ones.

I'm not hating on Mike, but I am a victim of his shoes. When I was young my parents would never buy me a pair, and as I got older they would not fit in my budget. Now when I see these long lines every year when a shoe comes out it just brings back bad memories. Sorry if I made any of your sneaker heads mad I just had to get my anger out, I'm not a hater.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home